lunes, 26 de mayo de 2014
my first class of the third period
well, I would like to share my experience of this period in basic level, it was kind difficult for me to begin the class, because students did not want to participate in my class, I was talking about wh questions in past tense, I tried to explain some patterns and some rules, but they did not understand anything!!!! in this moment I felt bad and frustrated about it, but I knew that I had to do something. I gave them an activity, believe a simple activity and I noticed that they did not understand, so I had to apply a new plan, I began again explaining step by step things that I already explained, I used many examples, and I tried to include every single students when I did the examples, something that happened in the class is that some students did not know verbs in past tense, I asked them the past of some regular and some irregular verbs, and the verbs that I used were very simple, I used verbs like play, dance, bring, teach, and I thougth that they already knew the past of this verbs, this problem made my class really difficult, because I spent more time doing activities that I did not plan, but it was a good experience for me, because I faced problems that teachers face every day, when students do not understand what you are explaining, you have to stop and explain again for the ones that have problems. The role of the teachers is really difficult, and is more complicated when you have crowded groups, because you have to carry the whole group at the same rhytm, I learned new ways to manage the students in this class because I had some problems that I did not face before.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Hi Mildred, I understand you because I taught the same topic to students of basic English , but with the difference that the teacher already had explained them the grammar points to the students, So I consider that the students were not familiar with the past tense, and they were kind of quiet, too. So let me tell you that my group of students did understand when I developed some activities in class, but some of the them used to ask me things that were new for them, so I had to give them the meaning of some verbs by giving them real examples, so then it was better to me because they asked me when they didnot know somethings, but that is part of teacher issues, in which they have to solve many problems like the one you faced. So, I encourage you to continue working well, you did a great job Mildred.
ResponderEliminarHey Mildred, i understand your point because I worked with basic students the last two periods, and sometimes I was kind of complicated make activities in which all the Ss could be involve not only for the vocabulary that I used, but also for the level of comprehension they had. Additionally, I can say that you did a good job because your priority in this class was to make students focused on the new topic and at the same time you tried to involve them in every task.
ResponderEliminarHi Mildred! I understand how you felt in the class due to the lack of knowledge they had related with the past tense. It was not easy for you to manage that, but I like all the things you did so that your class could work. So, it was not so comfortable for you because of all the activities you had planned, but it was nice you could manage all the problems because it gave you more experience as a future teacher.
ResponderEliminar