domingo, 13 de abril de 2014

my 2nd entry of my sencond teaching practicum (2nd period)

In my second class with the guys from intermediate level, I felt more comfortable with them, students showed me respect and , they participate in every single activity, I began my class telling them their names in orderto show them that I remember each name, I tried to memorize the names because I think is really important to call them by their names, after that we did a listening and comprenhension activity, they did it well and they shared their responses, I made an activity in with they have to present a book and they had to give reason why they recommend thehat book, they had to tell the tittle, the author,  and a brief explanation about the book, I developed this activity because I need to know the way in which they express their ideas in public, I continued with my class and I did explain something about the uses of the words "hope, believe, guess " they did another activity that was in the book using these words. I finish my class telling them about the topic of passive and active voice, because it was the class that the teacher have to develop in his next class. 

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Mildred, I really liked that you called the students by their names. For me, it is so hard to learn the names of my students, and every class I asked them their names.

    The activity were students had to present the book was great because that helped them to express their ideas and to improve their speaking skill. Nice job Mildred, you have to continue doing your best.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Mildred! It's really nice when you say that you tried to memorize all the names of your students since that shows respect from you as a teacher. Also, that made them feel really important for you.

    ResponderEliminar